A thriving company within the banking sector is looking for an Underwriter to be responsible for handling the sales support/underwriting and ensuring the business taken on is within the set parameter. You will also be building and sustaining relationships with customers and dealers.
You can enjoy a great work-life balance with this company. They have a fantastic benefits package including the option to purchase an additional five days’ annual leave, save for the future with their car salary sacrifice scheme, or gym membership discounts, and group stakeholder pension plan. There are also lots of lifestyle and wellbeing benefits including life assurance, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme, and other healthcare packages too.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As an Underwriter your key duties will include:
- Processing customer proposals and underwriting them
- Liaising with external parties regarding the outcome/decisions of a proposal
- Negotiating with dealers the figures and requirements to make the deal acceptable
- Processing of customer documentation and completing customer security checks
- Processing the payment of funds
- Adhering to requirements of set procedures along with certain database checks for items that may occur when underwriting e.g., CIFAS (UK Fraud Prevention Service)
- Collecting and negotiating fees that have accrued on customer accounts
- Operation of the proposal system with clear notes and rationale that is to company standard and audit process
- Completing general administration tasks related to new business activity
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
To be considered for the role of Underwriter, you must have:
- A recent graduate or previous experience in an office-based customer-focused environment
- Experience within Financial Services or working to FCA regulations is desirable but not essential
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent IT Skills (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work well as part of a team collaboratively
- A good attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you?
Send your CV and one of our team will review your application to see if the Underwriter is the right position for you.