An award-winning technology company is looking for a Data Engineer to join their fast-paced, exciting organisation. The job is remote with the occasional day spent in the Gloucester office. Their breakthrough technology offers an innovative platform for customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Data Engineer, you will help design, document, build, maintain, and improve the next generation of data lead technology solutions. With a sound knowledge of Data Engineering, you will be creating and utilising the latest and best technologies to provide an optimum service for customers and be a key contributor to the technology roadmap.
With the success of their innovative solution, they are looking to expand globally. Don’t miss out on being a part of a fast-moving tech environment and flourish in this start-up business. You’ll have a great work-life balance with 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)!
As a Data Engineer your key duties will include:
- Guiding the data architecture strategy; identifying and implementing opportunities to better link various data sources, with suppliers and partners, with the UK and abroad
- Collaborating with teams to build integrations ensuring multiple systems can interface seamlessly
- Preparing and implementing plans for ETL (extract, transform, and load) procedures and architectures
- Developing and maintaining dashboards and reports to provide performance insights
- Developing data models to enable end users to effectively analyse data
- Monitoring and tuning data loads and queries to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness
- Analysing large databases and implementing appropriate optimisation
- Taking a brief and turning it into a technical plan and functional specification
- Demonstrating your code and solutions work with ‘show and tells’ and documented repeatable tests
- Working with the development team to maintain and improve the CI/CD pipeline
- Contributing to the future technology road map with new ideas, tools and techniques
- Maintaining the core AWS service and applying best practices
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for the role of Data Engineer, you must have:
- Experience managing a data warehouse and directing the improvement of data management and expansion across multiple geographic zones
- Experience of Agile development, CI/CD pipeline, DevOps, Git and version control best practices
- Proficiency in SQL including a solid understanding of how to optimise query performance
- Python coding skills including knowledge of Jupyter notebooks and AWS SageMaker
- Experience developing APIs and managing environments including:
SQL databases: MySQL, Athena, MSSQL, PostgreSQL
Data Lake storage solutions: S3, AWS Glue, Athena
AWS data solutions: Glue, Athena, Redshift, QuickSight, Lambda, EC2, RDS
If you’re interested in becoming a Data Engineer, apply today with your current CV. Our team will review your application to see if it’s a match and get in touch to learn more about you. If you aren't contacted within 7 days, please assume your application was not selected.
Why wait? Don’t miss out!