An industrial manufacturer is looking for a Test Equipment Software Engineer to join their team in Gloucestershire. The innovative company produces and implements a wide variety of products for a number of interesting markets.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Test Equipment Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of application specific software solutions for integration into complex Test Equipment Systems. The software solutions will include development of code to perform closed loop control, data acquisition, data analysis and hardware control across a variety of hardware platforms.
You will have great job satisfaction within a brilliant company culture who offers flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday. Other benefits include life insurance, contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, profit share PLUS a flexible benefits package which means you have the option to enrol in additional benefits such as 5 days additional holiday, dental insurance, travel insurance and much more!
As a Test Equipment Software Engineer your key duties will include:
- Providing Technical Review for the release of software solutions
- Developing and integrating Software Solutions
- Assisting the Test Equipment Manager/Project Engineer with the definition of software solutions in the creation of detailed Test Equipment Proposals
- Preparing and releasing software documentation in support of the Test Equipment Common Development Process
- Maintaining and releasing Software Documentation during maintenance or upgrade activities
- Supporting Root Cause investigations into all aspects of the Test Equipment System and/or components
- Supporting the Test Equipment Manager and Senior Software Engineer with strategies for obsolescence management, and identification of appropriate software tools and supporting hardware
- Supporting internal and external Quality Audits of deployed software solutions
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for the role of Test Equipment Software Engineer, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering subject (Software, Electronics, Mechatronics)
- 5+ years’ experience in the development of software solutions for multi-axis, closed loop, servo-hydraulic and electromechanical Test Systems
- 4+ years’ experience in using various NI tools such as LabVIEW and Veristand
- Familiarity with various NI toolkits and add-on modules LabVIEW, LabVIEW RT\FPGA, VeriStand proficiency
- Experience creating software solutions using Visual Basic, C, C++, C#, Python, Java or Delphi on standard PCs or embedded systems
It would be advantageous if you also had:
- Knowledge of digital and analogue electronics
- Experience in one or more of the following: dSpace, LabView, DOORS, JIRA, MatLab and SubVersion
If you’re interested in becoming a Test Equipment Software Engineer, apply today with your current CV. Our team will review your application to see if it’s a match and get in touch to learn more about you. If you aren't contacted within 7 days, please assume your application was not selected.
Why wait? Don’t miss out!