MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
MONDAY - FRIDAY
An industrial manufacturer is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their extraordinary, enthusiastic team. The innovative company produces and implements a wide variety of products and services for lots of interesting markets. As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the development and design of complex mechanical and hydraulic components and systems associated with new product solutions.
The company strongly support their staff by empowering individuals to achieve their potential, both professionally and personally. You will have great job satisfaction within this brilliant company culture. Other benefits include life insurance, contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, retirement plans, profit share PLUS a flexible benefits package which means you have the option to enrol in additional benefits such as 5 days additional holiday, dental insurance, travel insurance and much more!
As a Mechanical Design Engineer your key duties will include:
- Supporting the technical review for the deployment of mechanical and hydraulic solutions
- Defining, developing, integrating, validating and releasing mechanical and hydraulic solutions
- Applying knowledge of top-level architecture, requirements definition, concept, design, verification and validation methods and final release
- Assisting the Test Equipment Design Manager with the definition of mechanical and hydraulic solutions in the creation of detailed test equipment proposals
- Maintaining and releasing documentation during maintenance or upgrade activities
- Supporting root cause investigations into all aspects of the test equipment system and/or components
- Identifying appropriate training courses to maintain mechanical and hydraulic capabilities
- Supporting the Test Equipment Design Manager with strategies for obsolescence management, maintenance and spares provision
- Supporting internal and external quality audits of deployed test equipment solutions
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for the role of Mechanical Design Engineer, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant mechanical engineering subject
- 3+ years’ experience in the development of mechanical/hydraulic solutions
- Experience of mechanical/hydraulic design solutions
- Experience in 3D modelling packages, for example: 3D CAD, AutoCAD, Siemens NX, MATLAB or SubVersion
- Proficient use of Microsoft including Excel, Word, VISO and Project
- Ability to obtain UK Security Clearance
If you’re interested in becoming a Mechanical Design Engineer, apply today with your current CV. Our team will review your application to see if it’s a match and will get in touch to learn more about you. If you aren't contacted within 7 days, please assume your application was not selected.
Why wait? Don’t miss out!