An industrial manufacturer is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join their extraordinary, enthusiastic team. The innovative company produces and implements a wide variety of products and services for lots of interesting markets.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will be the technical leader for part reviews as well as offering guidance on technical issues and best practices.
The company strongly support their staff by empowering individuals to achieve their potential, both professionally and personally. You will have great job satisfaction within this brilliant company culture. Other benefits include life insurance, contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, retirement plans, profit share PLUS a flexible benefits package which means you have the option to enrol in additional benefits such as 5 days additional holiday, dental insurance, travel insurance and much more!
- Leading the Manufacturing Engineering Team and providing training when required
- Creating and supporting the deployment of effective methods and/or processes based on 3D models for product launch into the manufacturing area
- Developing effective manufacturing systems and creating effective procedures
- Establishing standard times for each operation ensuring minimisation of the 7 wastes (Over Production, Inventory, Waiting, Motion, Transportation, Rework, Over Processing)
- Providing “Practical Problem Solving” support to the business in tackling process or yield issues
- Supporting Manufacturing Engineers/Technicians in the creation, review and approval of gauging, fixtures and special tooling
- Assuring compatibility of engineering drawings and specifications with manufacturing and fabrication capabilities
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BSc degree/HNC/HND equivalent in Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing Engineering
- Significant experience in the field of manufacturing/process engineering
- Experience in DFM, DFSS, APQP methodologies, Lean methodologies and Zero Defects
- Experience in CNC programming using 3D CAD/CAM (Siemens NX10.0, Vericut, Partmaker/Featurecam)
- Understanding of heat treatment, milling and grinding (highly desirable)
If you’re interested in becoming a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, apply today with your current CV. Our team will review your application to see if it’s a match and will get in touch to learn more about you. If you aren't contacted within 7 days, please assume your application was not selected.