An award-winning mutual Building Society are recruiting for a Collections Advisor to join their team. As a Collections Advisor, you will provide outstanding customer service to members who are going through challenging times, giving advice and support to customers who are facing financial difficulty. This is a telephone-based role which requires the ability to deal with complex situations in a sensitive manner. The role offers hybrid working with a couple of days working in the office in Coventry and the rest of the time homebased once you are fully trained. Hours are Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm and one in 4 Saturday mornings 9am – 12noon.
In this role you will receive a superb flexible benefits package to include 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising with length of service, the option to buy and sell holidays, great contributory pension contributions, life insurance, free personal health insurance, company bonus scheme, employee service recognition rewards, and childcare vouchers to name a few. The company also provide brilliant long term personal development opportunities to be able to progress your career.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working with customers to provide help, advice and guidance around mortgage payments
- Dealing with complex enquiries and agreeing affordable payment plans and regularly reviewing existing payment agreements
- Dealing with taking action on cases where more persistent defaults are happening
- Working with professional third parties like solicitors, estate agents and debt counsellors and be fully accountable for your own workload and diary planning. There are no financial targets with the aim to do what’s right and fair for the customer.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Previous experience in delivering a high level of customer service from a fast-paced environment with evidence of dealing with more complex and / or sensitive customer enquires
- Be a strong, empathetic and confident communicator
- Have a clear ‘can-do’ attitude and are able to manage your own workload and diary
- Collections and / or recoveries experience is desirable, but if not, the company has a thorough training plan to get you up speed
- Previous experience with difficult and complex situations i.e. customer complaints
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you?
Send your CV and one of our team will review your application to see if the Collections Advisor is the right position for you.