UP TO £25,000 - £31,350 + Bonus + Benefits
Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm – finishing early on Fridays!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Collector will be providing an effective and efficient service, reporting to the Collections Manager, ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to.
Enjoy a great work-life balance with 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays). Some extra benefits include employee discounts, health care packages, holiday purchase schemes, season ticket loans, cycle to work schemes, training opportunities and much more!
As a Collector your key duties will include:
- Building relationships with customers and being there to support them during the arrears process
- Communicating with customers via telephone and email
- Ensuring any legal paperwork is followed up with Solicitors
- Analysing data and calculating figures
- Assisting the customer service department when required
- Supporting the team with any ad-hoc administrative duties
- Working to set policies and procedures and all deadlines
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for the role of Collector, you must have:
- Previous experience within Credit Control/Debt Collections/Banking environment
- Educated to GCSE level with passes in Maths & English as a minimum
- Excellent communication skills, with a bright and confident personality
- Problem solver
- The ability to thrive under pressure and be highly adaptable
If you’re professional, hard-working and interested in becoming a Collector, apply today with your current CV!
Our team will review your application to see if it’s a match and get in touch to learn more about you. If you aren't contacted within 7 days, please assume your application was not selected.
Don’t miss out! Apply today!